Friday, October 28, 2011

Pear Picking








In October, Livy and I joined some other moms from our church for a trip up into the mountains to Julian, for apple picking! However, it happened to rain a lot that day (very unusual to rain much here), so the apple orchards were closed, but we did get to pick pears! It was actually very cold, so I had to dig out my coat and gloves! Crazy, right?! And poor Livy didn't have any winter type clothes yet, but had one pants outfit with a jacket Mema had previously given her, thankfully! We bundled up and had a great time! The scenery on the way there was unbelievable, so I included some of those pics also! You will also see a cute pic of Katelyn waving from her stroller, which is one of Livy's best friends from church. Kade, a sweet boy from our church adores Livy and you can see him entertaining her at a restaurant we ate lunch at after picking pears.
Julian is a historic town with a picturesque main street, lined with mom and pop shops that make homemade apple pies, apple cider, and other yummy homemade jams and treats. It was fun getting to peruse the shops and drink some warm apple cider with good friends on a cold day!
I haven't done anything special with my pears yet, since I went out of town shortly after this trip. We have been snacking on them (they are in the fridge of course), and I am hoping to make a pear tart or something yummy with them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment