Friday, October 28, 2011

Cades Cove Camping














After our Juice Plus conference, we enjoyed a week of visiting family and friends before Damein met up with us to go camping the follow weekend for our annual Cades Cove camping trip. This was an especially special trip because I have been going to CC with my family for years now and have always dreamed of getting to bring my little one along and this was the first year I could do that! It is such a unique opportunity to spend time with family, away from modern distractions, enjoying one another's company. Camping to me is about conversations, food, and creation. I love getting out in the fresh air, away from distractions so I can hear myself think and enjoy talking with others. Food is always a highlight. Pancake breakfasts, sandwhich lunches, chili, and fire roasted baked potatoes. YUM! And of course, being immersed in creation is always refreshing and perspective giving for me.
I love my grandfather's, Grandan, passion for camping. He is 93 and still going strong with the camping trips, always wishing we were there another day. He and Grandmother have set the pace in the camping tradition, taking my dad, aunt, and uncle all around the U.S. camping in different states when they were growing up.
Livy was a trooper. Everyone bragged on what a great camper she was, and it's true! We enjoyed hiking and driving around the cove, an 11 mile loop through a historic area in the park where horses, deer, bears, owls, and other wildlife are often spotted. Livy enjoyed doing her little girly scream back and forth with her cousin Lucas who she is crazy about. It is funny to see how he can bring out a part of her no one else can!

Thanks Grandmother and Grandan for a great trip and a wonderful tradition. Our entire family was in attendance this year. Something that hasn't happened in probably over a decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment