Monday, September 19, 2011

Family Day in Point Loma








Damein and I enjoyed celebrating 5 awesome years together on September 9th. It is a beautiful thing to be able to reflect on the goodness of God in our lives in the last 5 years. So much has happened! It's funny to think that when Damein and I married, I was fully convinced that is who God intended for me to be with; however, we still had a lot of getting to know each other to do! (and we still do :)
Here we are, 5 years later, in our 4th home, our 2nd state, completed our Masters, enjoying our first little baby, and more in love than ever :) I'm so thankful God knows me better than I know myself and saw fit to put me with such a wonderful man, perfect for me! I loved the tidepools at Point Loma so much, that I took Damein during our anniversary weekend. We went in the late afternoon during low tide and hiked around the cliffs a bit, spending time on some rocks that provided a breathtaking view of the ocean.
We spent some time just taking it all in. It is truly life-giving to be able to experience moments when you can allow the vastness and beauty of God's creation to wash over you. One of my favorite scenes in creation are mountains jutting into the ocean, and Point Loma reflects this beautifully. As we peered out from the rocks, all you could see for miles and miles was ocean and sky, as the breeze literally filled our lungs with fresh ocean air. It was truly surreal. We spent some time talking about God's goodness and his absolute bigness...then took some family pics together before heading out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment