Sunday, August 21, 2011

First things First

Livy:
I am enjoying exploring my new home...well as much as Mommy will let me :) I like getting into boxes and bags while Mommy is unpacking. I never knew I had all these books and toys and shoes!! The shoes are coming in handy because I love standing up as much as possible these days. If I had my way, I would skip this whole crawling thing and cruise around on two feet! You can't say I'm not trying...it is not uncommon to find me in a 'downward dog' yoga position trying to stand up on my own. I've mastered standing up when I have things to pull up on, especially in my crib! So, when we are out and about, it's nice to have some shoes on in case I want to stretch my legs and stand up a bit.

I am still crawling as my main mode of transportation...more of the wounded soldier crawl, but it works for me. I like to get up on all fours and rock back and forth but flatten out on my belly when I start crawling. It works for me, except for the little blister I'm getting on my big toe, which I push off on when I crawl.

Mommy:
One of our very favorite things Livy is doing these days is giving us kisses. It is seriously the sweetest thing ever!! Now, she doesn't just give them out carelessly. When she is feeling especially loving or sometimes when we ask she will look right us, make an 'O' with her mouth and lean in for a kiss. There have been a few times when we are playing and she will lean in to kiss me just because! Melts my heart to see her pouring love onto us that we've poured into her! Damein realllyyy melts when she gives him a kiss; it's so cute to see her love on her Daddy!

We also love seeing all the 'soul' Livy has! She loves music and rhythm! When there's music she gets her body moving to dance and if there isn't music, she will make some by singing! She uses voice fluctuation as well, it is hilarious! I guess it makes sense, as Damein and I both love and listen to music often and sing to her as well, especially at bedtime or naptime.

She has been 'babbling' a lot more these days and does often do a 'dadadada' rendition. She definitely understands a lot of what we are saying when we refer to 'mommy' or 'daddy', as she will look at one of the other of us when we make the reference. We've worked on some sign language, and she can understand 'milk', 'eat', and 'more'.

Livy has mastered the art of drinking from a sippy cup, and she doesn't mess around! She LOVES water and drinks lots of it! Although she is still primarily nursing, she is exploring tons of new flavors in solid foods I have been making for her. Some of her new favorites include pumpkin, beets, mushrooms, purple cabbage, nectarines, and plums. I usually introduce 4-5 new foods a week at this point, because I want to introduce her to as many wonderful fruits and veggies as possible at this age as she is so open to new flavors and foods! I have really enjoyed guidance and ideas from a book called Feeding Baby Green.

She has 2 top and 2 bottom teeth now and so close to having 2 more top teeth pop through!
A video is attached here of Livy playing peek a boo! She is full of surprises every day as we watch her grow! This is one of her newest things, along with saying 'hi' and waving!

No comments:

Post a Comment