Sunday, October 24, 2010

Morning Prayer Walks




Now that the weather has changed and we are being blessed with this crisp, cooler fall weather, Livy and I are taking full advantage! We wrap up with pants and a jacket and head out for a peaceful walk first thing in the morning. It's been a great time for me to pray and share some of my anxieties and also my joys and excitement regarding the arrival of our little one, as well as everything else that is going on!
We have a really well kept, paved cemetery next to our subdivision and it has been a quiet and peaceful place to think and walk.
As I was talking to Grandan (my 92-year old grandfather) the other day, he mentioned how much he loves his prayer walks, as he has been taking morning walks for longer than I've been alive. Like him, I love these times to revel in God's creation and enjoy a still heart focused on him and his love and goodness before the busy day begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment