Thursday, September 23, 2010

STL Baby Shower









To round off the baby shower marathon, we had an awesome shower, hosted by our church, here in STL. One thing I must say I have loved about showers is the opportunity to spend time with and see friends that I often don't have a chance to connect with in the midst of life's busyness. It means so much for people to take time out of their schedule to be a blessing to you and that is exactly how I have felt with these showers. Livy doesn't even know how blessed she is with people who already love her and invest in her!
My mom was in town for the shower which was fun and I got some super neat gifts. I also got a particularly unique gift at this shower, from everyone who attended. After I had opened all the gifts, they presented me with one last gift on a sheet of paper in an envelope. It was the signature of everyone who had attended, stating that my final gift was the gift of time, freeing me from writing thank you notes, as they knew I was already very thankful. WOW. That was a huge blessing and I suppose my thank you feels inadequate, but nonetheless, you all don't know what a help and blessing that is. I appreciate all of you, your thoughtfulness and love during this exciting time and consider it a great privilege to call you friends. The Lord has truly blessed me with loving friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment