Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Livy's First Christmas















Livy's first Christmas was a white one! We had a few inches of snow to complete our first Christmas as a family with our sweet new addition! It was a bit different since we stayed at home and didn't travel...we definitely missed our typical family gatherings and traditions! However, our quiet and WHITE Christmas in St. Louis turned out to be very special.
To start off the morning, Damein took care of Livy while I took a shower! It's the small things that have meant so much after having a baby, b/c I don't always have a chance to squeeze that in everyday!
I made the biscuits when I first got up and popped them in the oven, so that Damein could finish making breakfast while I showered. Once I got downstairs, he had the fire going, Christmas music playing, and the yummy smells of scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and biscuits and gravy filling the air! This has become our traditional Christmas breakfast at home, which usually occurs in mid-December before we leave to visit family.

Livy had already had breakfast and took a nice long nap in her bouncy seat that we set up on top of the dining table while we ate breakfast. After breakfast, Damein and I tore into our stockings and presents for each other...while Livy continued to sleep!

One long-standing tradition in my family around Christmas is making gingerbread at my Grandmother's house. We always accompany this tradition by reading "The Gingerbears 1st Christmas"...an entertaining story about a family who made gingerbread bears who came to life and discreetly helped the family get ready for Christmas. It's a super cute book, which is now out of print. Damein managed to find and purchase a copy of it for me as a gift last Christmas, so he read it to Livy for the first time after we opened presents, while I made gingerbread!! YUM! I even made some gingerbears too in the spirit of the book! (Livy was still sleeping!)

No comments:

Post a Comment