Sunday, December 5, 2010

So This is What It Feels Like!





It all started Thursday night around 7:30pm while Damein was at band practice at church, and I woke up from a nap with an upset stomach and 'cramps' as I called them. Little did I know these were the contractions that pretty much escalated within the first 30 minutes to being 4-5 min apart and 30-45 seconds long. I ignored them as long as possible, editing some final papers due for my classes and emailing them to professors, wrapping up any other last second emails and important stuff for work and school. This period of time didn't last long before I started having to pause and really concentrate to work through contractions. The entire labor, from very start to finish was right at about 10 hours.
These pictures were officially my last 'size pictures' Damein took in between my contractions when he got home from band practice...officially 40 weeks and 2 days. And one picture was working through a contraction! :)

Thanks for all your prayers- the Lord truly answered our hopes and prayers for a safe and happy labor and delivery. We had a whole list of specific prayer requests posted in our house, and it was amazing how sweet and loving the Lord was to answer them all. We truly give him glory for it all and especially for this little life that he has entrusted to us. We are crazy about her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment