Thursday, July 29, 2010

She has a NAME!!

I must say I really thought I wouldn't decide on a name until really late in my pregnancy and maybe even until she was born....but providentially God blessed us with a sweet name that has great meaning to us.

We've decided to name her Olivia Anastasis. She will probably be 'Livy' most of the time and for some reason that name just seemed like it 'fit' her, even though we haven't met her technically! :)

So, I am listing our explanation behind the name below, but I will preface it by saying that we totally appreciate people who name their kids just because they like the name as well as those that select names b/c of a special meaning.
However, this is the special meaning behind her name that makes us excited about it!

Explanation: Olivia (besides being beautiful to our ears) is Italian for olive, which reminds us of Paul's olive branch imagery in Romans 11 where we, the gentiles, are grafted in to Israel (God's people) like an olive branch and nourished by the root. Anastasis is Greek for resurrection. What a great hope we have been given through Jesus' resurrection. We love it.

1 comment:

  1. So, us Hale girls must think alike! I am not expecting, but the girl name I had thought about for my future little one is Olivia and call her Liv. I think that is a perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete