Monday, February 14, 2011

Growing Up....





Well, I am happy to say that this is one time in life that it is okay (and actually good) to double your weight in 2 months! I'm pretty proud about it and don't mind all the 'she's a big girl!' or 'she's a little chubster' comments! Supposedly, those are compliments when you are a baby. One thing I can say is that mommy's milk is good!!
Although I have always done well with my latch, it takes a little while to figure out how to be most efficient with drinking my milk. Mommy used to have to nurse me 45 min. at a time but now, 10 or 15 min. does the trick!
I like to spend my extra time on my playmat these days (thank you Bebo!). You can see Kuyper and I on it (he's making moves on me)...lots of colors and sounds. In the last couple of days, I've been learning some 'cause and effect' by reaching out and touching the things I see hanging from my playmat.
Just this morning I started a slight giggle...not a full one yet, but I like to make everyone hold out :) Seeing their anticipation is fun!

Let's see....oh, how could I forget? I had my 2 month checkup last week. Those of you who have met me will not be shocked that I was off the charts on weight, which the Doc said was a good thing! I am now almost 15 lbs! Double my birth weight! 90th % on height, close to 25" long. The doctor said breastfed babies tend to grow much faster the first 3 months and then taper off the next 9. So I should have at least another month of psycho growth!
People like to tell me that I have a nice shaped head, a good complexion, lovely, bright blue eyes, and a pretty, teethless smile. Thanks for all the compliments!! Those are the most common.
Mommy always has me doing something fun and new around here, there's always an adventure and something new to learn...maybe I'll share more on that another time!

I've decided that I really love my mommy and daddy, they are definitely keepers. When they come into a room or talk to me, my face lights up, I just can't help it!

You can see me here in my awesome leggings and with Ashley, who we affectionately call Aunt Ash. She's pretty awesome. I like when she and Kuyper come visit me during the day sometimes...and of course Uncle Matt but he works during the day, so he usually comes with them on the weekend.

Hope this helps catch you up on life for me the past few weeks. Mommy has been busy with me, so she hasn't been able to update everyone, so I thought I would help her out:)

No comments:

Post a Comment